3.08.2010

nursery update

here's a quick update on what's happening in Reese's nursery...

I finished the butterfly mobile! It turned out pretty cute, of course not perfect or as great as the one from pottery barn, but it was fun to add some touches of my own (i put glitter glue around each butterfly, threw in a few pink ones and also added some sparkly beads in between):

Here is her little crib:
{we don't have the bedding yet and still need curtains}

all her cutie cute little clothes:

dresser/changing table (and mark being a goof):
{still need a chair - among other things - and the beautiful painting from the ever amazingly talented Casey Wiegand will go behind where Mark is standing. You can't really see them but I absolutely love the pink knobs from anthro! They made the dresser super cute and girly}
more to come as we get it all finished!

I am 34 weeks and 6 days today and the days are beginning to creep by. We went to a birthing class all day on Saturday, which somewhat freaked me out about all the things that could go wrong. But at my doctors appointment this afternoon I got a lot of questions answered and feel much better about everything. I know God is in control and He will take care of baby Reese and of me and everything will be wonderful. Thank you Jesus for your promise of peace and comfort and protection.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! LOVE the knobs and that butterfly mobile is amazing! 10 times better than the Pottery Barn version! How did you do that? I am seriously impressed!

Shay said...

Elizabeth, you are not giving yourself enough credit--that mobile is WAY cuter than the Pottery Barn one! That is so fun. Reese's room is looking precious. Thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca Win said...

shutup. this is the cutest thing ever. can i hire you when i have kids?!

Cliff and Jessica said...

GREAT JOB on the mobile!!! Wow that is absolutely adorable! That little girl has no choice but to be a little miss priss. :) Have a great weekend.

CaseyWiegand said...

how sweet are you?! I have thought about you daily! she could come anytime now! Call me if you need anything!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Tamara Stephanie Schlyper said...

Wow you're so talented Elizabeth! I'm in love with the butterflies!

Lauren said...

One word...DARLING! I LOVE the nursery, you and Mark have done a great job! I'm so impressed with that mobile, I couldn't have made that if I tried! No worries about child birth, you'll be great!!

Monique said...

this looks beautiful!! what a fabulous job you did with that butterfly mobile! come the day we are preggo, i maybe asking you for some input!

praying for you!

Sean and Nicole said...

Elizabeth - I check in every now and again on your blog and love the joy and thankful heart that are both so evident in the stories you share! This nursey is so precious...you've done such a great job!

Denae said...

Love the mobile!!! The room looks great!

The Sudan Fam said...

the whole nursery is sooo cute!!! i can't believe you made that mobile...i hope i can be as crafty and creative as you when i have babies!!