6.23.2010

two month update

The dress Reese wore to church last weekend was the dress that my mom brought me home from the hospital in 25 years ago. How special. She looked precious (and so much like my baby pictures!!)


She finally loves bath time!!! Yay. It's so cute! She kicks and splashes and we even heard her first laugh when Mark tickled her with the washcloth under her arm! 


She has found her hands and LOVES to suck on them!! She hasn't discovered her thumb yet, but she does suck on the knuckle on her thumb. We'll see if she's going to be a thumb sucker like her daddy was or a finger sucker like her mama.

Two month picture in the green chair - she thought it was pretty funny to take pictures this time!!

This past weekend we went to DFW to be at John Sterchi's wedding (my bestie Lindsay's little brother). It was a fun, but exhausting weekend. My parents drove down for the wedding too so we all stayed together with my grandmother in Ft. Worth. Reese had her first meal at Uncle Julios and our dear friends Preston and Shelbi Rampy came over to say hi and meet Reese. Saturday we finally got to see Lindsay, Elliott and their sweet baby Avery (who we had never met)!! We went to a yummy brunch and got to be with the Sterchi's, shopped in the 100 degree weather, had yogurt with Adam and Jenni Hefton and it was so good to catch up with them, hung out with Anne Marie (Mark's sister) and Reese got to meet her cousin Gena. The wedding that night was beautiful and I'm so happy for John and Kate. Sunday we had a father's day brunch at my grandma's house and then got on the road to head back home. So fun to celebrate Mark's first father's day. What a special day. He is truly the greatest dad and I sure love watching him love on and obsess over his little girl. She already has him wrapped around her finger!

Reese had her 2 month checkup this morning and the doctor said she was "perfect!" {I think he knows that's what every mom wants to hear :)} She weighs 11.8 lbs (75th percentile) and is 22.5 inches tall (50th percentile). He said he did some of the 4 month developmental tests and she was looking advanced {again, I'm sure he just knows to say to give the momma's something else to be proud of ha} but she really does have great head control already and puts weight on her legs when you stand her up. She also got four vaccines and it was really the saddest thing ever! She was so scared and sad in the dr's office but settled down when we were holding her. This afternoon when she woke up from her nap she got really, really fussy and it was so sad. I just held her most of the day after that and every time she would wake up she had the saddest cry. It made me cry too. I just hate feeling helpless and seeing her sick and hurt. I did love cuddling with her all day though. :) The tylenol helped and she woke up a little while ago smiling and "talking" to us. I think she's feeling better!! What a little trooper. I'm so proud of her and I couldn't love her more.

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Elizabeth- you look awesome!

The Bonjour Four said...

she is so beautiful! you guys are blessed. What a precious family.