8.21.2012

mini camp gigi

A few weeks ago {sorry that every blog I write starts this way... some day i'll catch up.} Reese and I took a road trip to Branson while Mark was working nights and spent a long weekend at Camp Gigi :) It was just a mini camp this summer since it was totally last minute due to our moving, me feeling terrible most of the summer, my parents two week trip to Africa... the list could go on... but one day I just decided I wanted to go play at Kamp and in Branson for at least a few days before the summer was over and that weekend was pretty much our only option... so we made it work. and we had a total blast - of course! 


Does anyone else remember this toy from their childhood?? We call it the 'people house' and i'm not kidding when I say reese could play with this FOR DAYS at a time {she pretty much did most of the time we were there} too cute. 

Probably the highlight was my mom taking Reeser to build-a-bear. I tagged along to take pictures and it was pretty much the cutest thing ever! I have never done it before {well besides when kristen and I made one for katie when we were in high school for some reason haha remember that katie??} but it was so fun! the whole thing was just so cute going from station to station and picking out each thing. and the best part is that my mom recorded a little voice thing that is inside the puppy and when R presses her hand it says "hi reese! gigi loves you!" She still presses it about a billion times a day as if she's never heard it before and every time says "mommy!! you hear that? thats gigi. gigi in there!!" 


It's always fun to get to go to FBC and see my dad in action on sunday mornings :) Reese wore a dress my mom made for me when I was her age so we had to have a little photo shoot after church.

That afternoon FBC had their annual "back to school bash" where they hand out backpacks to thousands of kids and it was so awesome!!!! seriously, such a cool ministry. We got to swim while my parents worked. R is such a little fish. She was crawling on her knees but using her arms like she was swimming like a big kid. and of course she made me do it the whole time next to her too. 

We were so excited to play at kamp with kristen and emerson one day too! It's always just so refreshing to get to be with them. I'm pretty sure these girls are already BFFs!! :) 

so sweet!!!

{gymnastics time. this happened to be during the gymnastics at the olympics and you better believe we watched every second so R was so excited when we got to the gym :) it was hilarious watching her "vault" on the floor and walk on the beam!}

popsicles with pajoe

we visited my moms little preschool gymnastics class before we had to leave town and R was sooooo shy and wouldn't do anything but just watch- until we got to the block pit. and then she kept saying "this is so fun mommy!!!"


Thanks for everything mom and dad!! We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again next summer :)  
xoxo

No comments: