12.20.2011

missmas tree

again, no surprise that our passionate little munchkin LOVES 'missmas' trees! she seriously lights up and flails her arms around and gets so excited when she sees one! she loves to look at ours a million times a day and i have lots of unbreakable ornaments within her reach to put on and off the tree. here are a couple different attempts to get a picture of her by the tree...






my mother-in-law made this dress for mark's sister anne marie when she was little... so sweet that now reesie can wear it.



my parents came in town for my birthday. my mom made this delicious cake (its on the front of southern living this month- i mean really delicious!!!!!!!) and 27 candles is a lot people.

they watched the reeser while my dear hubby took me out on a fancy date to this incredible steakhouse here called CCs. (no not the pizza place, haha) we had a WONDERFUL time being pampered by our waiter and even the chef. so fun! thanks for making it a very fun birthday! 


so, on my birthday reese sang the birthday song to me and helped me open my presents... now every time we talk about Christmas and how it's Jesus' birthday she says 'mommy birthday' and sings the song and then brings me a present from under the tree and waits for us to open it... haha. she's adorable. and there is one present in particular that she always pulls out and says jesus birthday. I'm not sure what is special about that one, but i guess its for Jesus :) I love that even though she doesn't totally understand it yet, she is able to associate Jesus and His birthday with Christmas. such a special season. and a special gift to have such an adorable little mind that is totally like a sponge and soaking everything up. Lord please let me be teaching her more about YOU in our everyday lives than about buying presents and running errands. its just crazy to me that everything she knows she is learning from what she sees me doing! yikes. thats scary. I pray I am teaching her what is really important... its scary being a mom. thank goodness for grace from my Jesus.

with that said... i'm off to santa's workshop (our garage) where my good man is building a little surprise for our munchkin. yes, its 10pm. yes, he has to be up at 4am tomorrow. yes, he's using a table saw and a nail gun and he's still in his scrubs. yes, he's been up and working at the hospital since 5am this morning. but that won't stop him from building an adorable surprise for his precious daughter. so sweet. cannot wait to share it with you after Christmas!! I might be more obsessed with it than anyone! 


3 comments:

Sean and Nicole said...

I like reading your blog and catching little snippets about Columbia -- isn't CC's the best? Those salads!

Lindsay said...

Resse has grown up a ton since we were there....she turned into a little girl! She is so beautiful!! I love and miss you guys so much. Linds

JustJess said...

Just found your blog this morning and I'm loving catching up! You're added to my reading list. Excited to see what's going on with your fam. Happy New Year!