7.07.2012

j&j's wedding

I can't believe I am so behind in writing this but here we go...

Mark's little brother Joel married his sweetheart Julia over memorial day weekend in Dallas and we had a total blast being there for all the wedding festivities and having the whole family together!!! We adore Julia and are so excited to have her as an official part of the Mason family. Reese and I flew to DFW a few days early and got to spend some time with Anne Marie (annieann as reese calls her) and I got to spend the morning on day with my grandmother in ft. worth. I also got some quick visits in with a few of my dear dear friends from Baylor. It was just sort of refreshing to get to be there with everyone for a weekend. That friday Mark's parents, Honey and Pops, got there and took Reese (and me & Annemarie) to the Dallas Aquarium. It was pretty much the coolest thing ever! Reese was in heaven. Like seriously she was just pointing and staring and saying "mommy look! oh look!" she loved the fishes, the penguins and the alligator the best and still talks about them almost every day :) The rest of the weekend was a total whirlwind running from event to rehearsal to set up to change to put reese down for a nap.. etc. and I was reminded of how much I hate dallas traffic. but everything for the wedding went soooo perfectly! all of J&J's friends were just the greatest and said the sweetest (and some hilarious) things about them and then the wedding was just beautiful and such a worshipful night looking out over white rock lake. Here are a few pics of our time...

R soooo excited about watching the airplanes :)

visiting Grandmama in ft worth

swimming at auntieannes
anneanne took R to see the ducks and turtles at north park and got her a few surprises at h&m

pics from the aquarium:

all the mason girls and gamma at the rehearsal dinner

flower girls practicing :) did i mention that Reese was a flower girl?? it was adorable! they did perfectly during the wedding and I was so proud. We had practiced with reese and talked about it for months how she was going to walk down in her pretty dress and go to daddy (the best man) and if she did it he would give her a surprise! worked like a charm and she did so good. they were all adorable. the other two sweet girls were sisters and the one on the right could be reese's twin. they looked so similar :) it was too cute!

sisters



beautiful beautiful bride!



happy wedding weekend j&j :) we had just the best time!!! thanks for letting us be a part of your special weekend. we love you!!!

....

and now today mark and I are celebrating our own anniversary!! I cannot believe its been five whole years. Today I keep thinking about this exact day five years ago and how giddy and excited I was to marry my sweet Mark. and here we are 5 years later, four cities later, one child and one on the way later, and lots of adventures in between.... and I'm still just so giddy when I hear his car pull up in the driveway every evening. I am so blessed to have such an incredible hubby and man to support me and encourage me and take me on so many adventures! i love you mark mason. can't wait to see what other adventures the Lord has for us in the next 80 years!! :) 

No comments: