1.29.2013

her name

Lucy: "radiant light"
Katherine: "pure"

{10 days old)

Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and give glory to your Father in heaven."
We had several favorite names and just couldn't decide which name seemed to fit for our sweet baby girl. Then I got the phone call that she might have a cleft pallet and truly I heard the Lord tell me her name was LUCY!! I immediately hung up the phone and felt like I needed to pray for her by that name specifically. So I did. and it fit. I just knew it. It was on our list of names and we always loved it because it means "radiant light." I love praying over this sweet girl that she will be a 'pure radiant light that cannot be hidden!!!" and that because of her light shining for Jesus others would also give glory to our mighty God too. That she would be strong and courageous and stand up for what she believes in, despite this crazy dark world she is coming into. I pray she will be a LIGHT in this world. She sure brings joy into our lives!! She has many nicknames already - Daddy calls her Lucy Kate most of the time and mommy calls her Lucy Lu or just Lu. and oh the list of names that Reeser calls her is endless. Today it was Lucy Lula and Lucy Lala but mostly Reese says Luc. or just "hi little girl. you're so cute and little." what an adoring big sister!

We couldn't love you more Lucy Girl!! So thankful you're here and you're heathly and happy :) 



{sorry I'm so so so behind on writing about your life Lucy! its just a little crazy around here. I'm finally feeling like myself (sort of!) so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on things in every area of my life now- but only by Gods grace and mercy, thats for sure!}

No comments: