4.25.2013

pole vault in the mall

The Drake Relays are a HUGE deal here in Des Moines and its coming this weekend. As you may or may not know about me i LOVE track! I was a pole vaulter and hurdler in high school and I just love it. I miss those days sometimes. and I miss going to track meets too! Last night our friends were over for dinner and we got a text from another friend telling us that they were pole vaulting for the relays in the big mall! So we rushed through dinner and went to check it out. I'm not sure what I was expecting but this was incredible!!!!! There were several olympians vaulting and it was awesome!!! I couldn't believe how high they were going {and inside the mall!!!} it was crazy. and so fun! Thanks Jayme for telling us about it and thanks Rachel for going with me! Some reporter guy asked me about our time there, I guess he could tell I was a pole vaulter since I clearly looked just like the olympians and was giving them advice... haha oh wait, NO! not even a little bit! I think the just thought Lucy and Reese were really cute, it's hard to miss them! anyway... Lucy made it in the video :) and you can see how incredible it was! Reese and Judah were absolutely mesmerized by it! I did some videos on my phone and R kept asking to watch the 'pole stick' movies all night and since she woke up this morning too. Maybe she'll be a future Pole Vaulter :) Hoping we can go to some of the races this weekend.

Here's a link to the video and you can read about who all was vaulting {no one probably cares about that as much as I do though :)}



LINK to the article


3 comments:

JustJess said...

I was cheering and jumping up and down!! And it was so fun to see you and Lucy! Ah...miss you. And vaulting!

LMason said...

Awesome to see you interviewed with little Lucy!

The Spanhut's said...

SO glad you had a great time!!!! I was excited when I heard it was at the mall, and knew I needed to tell you!!!! Glad I did!!!! Hugs friend!

Jayme :)