1.28.2009

game night.

This past weekend we went out with Chris and Denae (our neighbors) and Brice and Kristin. We ate dinner at this place called Gilberts. I wish I had a picture of the dinner table because I've never seen so much food! On Saturday nights they have family style chinese food. From the minute we sat down, they brought tray after tray of some of the best chinese food I've ever had! I definitely recommend Gilberts!

After dinner we went to Main Event to bowl and play games. The boys loved the racing games! haha. They were like kids again. They even waited in line with the 10 year olds to get a chance to play! It was great.
We played Dance Dance Revolution (and by the way, I had no idea that people get THIS into it! It was un-real!) Denae became obsessed with the quarter game....Chris better watch her if they ever go to Vegas! ha. I also liked Deal or No Deal but I'm pretty sure it was rigged.

and in case you haven't been to an "arcade" type place in 10 years, like me..... they no longer give you tickets or tokens!!!! I couldn't believe it! You get a card that has the amount of money you paid for on it and you swipe the card on each of the games and it charges you that way. They even keep track of the amount of 'tickets' or points you get on the card too. I mean, yes, it was very high tech and probably more efficient but it made me a little sad to think that my kids will never know the feeling of watching all the tickets come out come out when you win or folding them up like an accordion or feeding the long strand into the ticket counter to see how many you have like the good 'ole days at Thunder Road in Branson.

1 comment:

Denae said...

So you don't think we were as good at DDR as those guys?