4.17.2009

Happy 25th Birthday Hubby!

On Monday, April 13, Mark Donald Mason turned 25-years-old! Wow! I really wanted to make this birthday special for him and one that he wouldn't forget.

I am really not very good at planning surprises, but I thought I would give it a try this year. It was pretty much a total flop. haha. I told Mark we were having dinner at a friends house the week before his birthday, but then I was going to blindfold him and take him the Las Brisas (our fav restaurant) and all our friends would be there and yell "surprise!!" Yeah, that didn't really work. The timing was off, mark refused to wear the blindfold, the table wasn't ready, Chase had an important interview and was late...... oh well. Mark still loved the dinner and we had fun, as always. We're not ready to leave our wonderful Lubbock friends yet!! Another surprise (which actually worked), I had an angel food cake from Sugarbakers ready at the restaurant! It was so yummy!
On his actual birthday, our dear friends Chris & Denae and their little one, Will, came over for another angel food cake (obviously Mark's fav) but this time I made it myself and I must say, even though it wasn't that pretty, it was quite good - especially when topped with strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream! Happy Birthday Mark! I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha it looks like Mark's cake is ON FIRE in that last picture! I wish we could have been there to celebrate!!! LOVE YA'LL!!!

Denae said...

awwww....Will made your blog! :) It does look like we were putting him in danger though...heheh.

Chris said...

I just saw this of Will! He loves you and Mark!