9.27.2009

burger barrel

had lunch here yesterday....
This good 'ole Burger Barrel has been in business since 1920 and is still going strong! It's right down the street from our house and I chuckle every time we drive by!! Thanks to my dad, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for random, weird, local, hole-in-the wall restaurants. (I guess this is more an actual barrel than a hole-in-the-wall.... but its still totally random!) so yesterday we decided it was time to try it out. I was actually pretty impressed. I think I'd give it a B-. (would have gotten a B but the two women who cooked our food were quite frazzled when I changed a few of the drinks and they also forgot to give us straws and ketchup)

Thanks Burger Barrel! We'll be back!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is my favorite blog post you have ever written. I was laughing the whole time I was reading it. My favorite part is the big cow on top of the beef burger sign. hahaha I'm dying. When I come visit you in Amarillo...we are going!

Loved chatting last night. Miss you so much.

Jeanie said...

You crack me up! Dad will be so proud!

Becca said...

I think our dads share in the same liking of random, weird, local, hole-in-the-wall restaurants. They are brothers... so I guess it happens. :) Love you cous!

Joseph Staples said...

I am so proud- you carrying on the lunch review in Amarillo. Way to go!!!