7.28.2010

prayers

Today Mark is taking STEP 2!! It's the second of the huge medical school board exams.... he's been studying all day every day for the past month. I've been so proud of his dedication and hardwork and I just pray so hard that it pays off today as he takes his 9 HOUR test. ugh. I could never go through medical school. Please join me in praying for wisdom and strength for him today. I know he must keep repeating this in his head today... "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" Thank you Lord for your promises to us.

Also, while we're on prayer requests... Mark is leaving on Saturday to begin his three months of away rotations. I have been dreading this for the past year and I cannot believe that it's here. He'll be doing surgery rotations in Kansas City for 4 weeks, Houston for 4 weeks and then Jackson, Miss. for 4 weeks (all of these back-to-back). While Reese and I will see him some on the weekends, he will not be back to Amarillo until the end of October. This is the weirdest thing. I know God has a plan and that He alone will get us through this, but it is going to be so hard. We will miss him more than ever and I will literally be counting down the days until he's back. Reese and I will leave with him this weekend and then head to Branson for the first week he's gone... then when I get back we start school :( oh man. What a horrible month August is. I may be in tears most of the month, but by God's grace we'll get through it. Thanks for your prayers!


at least i'll have this smile to keep me company!!! what a doll.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh man, we will for sure be praying for Mark today as he takes his test and for you as you'll be in Amarillo alone while he's gone. PLEASE let me know if I can ever keep Reese for you or just come over and keep you company! I'd love to help out, I know that October seems like a long way off, but you'll get through it! :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I feel so bad for Adam the months that he'll be away from Henry on away rotations...how awful, right?

P.S. I feel bad for me, too.

Brooke & Freeland said...

Hey! First of all I love all your updates because our kiddos are so close in age its fun to see the same things they are doing. She is beautiful!

Also - definitely been thinking about yall & praying for you. I hope the month is going okay. I know going back to work is a horrible feeling. Hopefully it will be an easier transition than you expected.

Oh and I loved cam's comment " i feel bad for me too" :) ha.