8.10.2010

home

Home again home again jiggity jog. Reese and I got home last night from our fun Branson/Kansas City adventure. It is so unbelievably sad to be home without Mark but we're trying to be strong and thank goodness for ichat/video. It's so precious the way Reese really does seem to see and recognize her daddy on the computer screen or on the phone. I just love it. That will definitely help get us through. In just this first day I've had about a million moments of needing my man around the house! but I must say for the record that I, Elizabeth Mason, fixed the water heater all by myself today! Yes, I might have been texting Mark and on the phone with my dad, but I did it :) Maybe we will make it after all. I start work days at school tomorrow and am not looking forward to leaving my little Reesie bear! At least I know she'll be in good hands with my mother-in-law who is coming to our house everyday to take care of her. and I can come home for lunch everyday too. oh man, here we go. Lord Jesus, please give me strength to get through this phase of being a single, working mom. I CANNOT do this without you.



more fun pictures to come from our branson/kc trip.

9 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

oh girl hang in there! wow! i can't imagine being without the hubby. The Lord will carry you and sweet Reese through this hard time. As always, I love the pics of Reese. And we were in Kansas City/Branson not long ago!! we loved it. what a beautiful place. We stayed at a hotel called "chateau on the lake" are you familiar with it? We had so much fun!

Heidi Hickman said...

You're my hero, sister:). Praying for peace & looking forward to lots of girl time these next few months (Reese included, of course).

Lindsay said...

This is my new fav. pic of little Reesie!! Love her, love you, and wish I were there to hang out. You are my hero, too!

The Lacys said...

you are incredible! you will do great. praying for you :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Way to go on fixing the water heater! Hope this month flies by!!!

Denae said...

Praying for you friend!!! I LOVE Reese's onesie...so cute!

Lauren said...

We'll be praying Elizabeth! Way to go on fixing the water heater, impressive! Call us if you need anything! Parker and I would love to come and keep you both company one day! :)

Unknown said...

First of all, I do not know how, but somehow, I missed this post. Second of all, I am SO PROUD of you for fixing the water heater and extremely impressed! And third of all, because I hadn't seen this post (and the one before) I didn't realize Mark was gone and going to be gone for so long!!! You are one tough cookie girl! I am so proud of you and so wish I was there to keep you company!!!

Rebecca Win said...

i really think reese is the cutest baby i've ever seen.