5.03.2011

pink party

I had originally planned for Reese's first birthday party to be a Garden Party - but quickly put that idea on hold when I realized that all the things I wanted to do with the theme wouldn't work for one year olds... so we'll have a Garden Party when she turns 3 or 4 :) instead we had a PINK PARTY!!! It was super easy to put together since basically we just did everything PINK. The party was also the day before Easter so of course we had to throw in some Easter-y things too and have a little easter egg hunt! Mostly it was just so special to have all of our family here! (my brother flew in from Nashville, my parents drove down from Branson, Mark's parents and grandparents and aunt live here, his sisters came from Dallas and Abilene and his brother and his sweet girlfriend drove from College Station) what a special weekend to celebrate a whole year with our little girl and also to rejoice that our Jesus is Alive!!!


My brother is an awesome photographer so you'll probably be able to tell which pictures he took :) (and we have about 300!!!) so this post is just pictures of the decor/food :) it's sure not anything too spectacular like my friends katie or shelbi do all the time... but it was fun and I really think Reese loved it!

{I made this high chair skirt out of tulle and sewed some frilly cupcake fabric on the top. The bib I made with an iron on cupcake I found at JoAnns}


watch Reese grow!!! I've been planning to make this since we started her green chair pictures every month :) I just cut out her picture and glued it on a paper flower on foam board. Might have been my favorite part of the party! I keep looking at the pictures over and over. It's so hard to believe how much she changes every month! 

I hung tissue paper pom pom balls around the house along with balloons (pink of course!) and mark made an awesome slideshow of pictures from Reese whole first year of life. 

Party Favor table - easter eggs of course!! We hid fun coins, candy, chocolate, bunnies, jelly beans etc in easter eggs and wrapped them in little easter bags for everyone as they left. (Didnt get a great picture of these but they were super cute!)

The Happy Birthday Reese banner I made out of felt and glued the letters on each flag then sewed each flag to pink rickrack. I hope I can keep this forever and always hang it up on her birthday :) 

I saw this huge cupcake mold thing on an infomercial during one of our middle of the night feedings when R was a tiny baby and just thought it would be perfect for her first cake :) It sure didn't turn out as pretty as the pictures but it was perfect for reeser to smash her hands into and stuff it all in her face! ha

I made pink chocolate covered pretzel sticks with sprinkles {which seemed to be a big hit} and I also made pink chocolate covered marshmallow sticks {kinda tasted weird but they looked cute ha!} I also put out tons of cheerios for the kiddos along with animal crackers, apple sticks and strawberries. 

delicious and amazingly precious cupcakes from XOXO Cupcakery (aka our friend Whitney Davis) and my true obsession, Ms. Piggys Bakery, made the cookies {i might have eaten most of them! they're just melt in your mouth fantastic}

pink lemonade and mint tea to drink {also, i HAVE to point out that my cousin Aimee painted the incredible painting behind the drinks and sent it to reese for her bday. It's adorable. It says, "Reese, The King is enthralled by your beauty!" my favorite verse!

{not pictured I've also been collecting our baby food jars over the past month and then spray painted them pink and put little flowers in them around the house. They were pretty cute. I actually still have them as the center piece on our table :) super cheap and easy!}

It was all for our precious Reese Elizabeth. I hope you know how special you are and how proud we are of you! 

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

ok this is SO cute! :-)

Jessica + Jeremiah said...

precious! what great ideas! you are so creative and crafty!!! happy b-day reese! ps... i can't believe she is already 1 WOW!

kristen said...

amazing party!! i love it! and that reese is such a DOLL!! i love everything pink and tulle!! and the painting is so sweet!