1.06.2014

Hello 2014


Hi. Well 2013 has passed and I was terrible at documenting it. That makes me very sad since so many firsts happened and so many fun memories in Lucy's first year of life! Can you believe she's ONE!! We have all those special memories and family times stored in our brains and in pictures to remember but I just love having some of it at least on this space so I can look back at it :) so, my goal for 2014 is to at least post a blog onces a month to recap and remember what all is going on in the mason household. So... Here we go! 

We had a wonderful christmas in Des Moines. {even though mark had to work and we barely saw him :( it was really sad and he was exhausted the entire time but it was great to have my parents and brother and sis-in-law here!} 



Lucy turned one the day after christmas - which is kinda more of a challenge and more tiring that I thought it would be! But no matter what day it is I want her to always know how incredibly special she is and how much I view her life a precious miracle! We had fun celebrating with our family, opening more presents, eating pizza and watching her smash her cake in her face 

She looooved it until she smeared it in her eyes :( happy birthday my precious Lucy girl!!!

Then dr mason finally got a few days off over New Year's Eve so we went to Branson for some r&r and it was awesome! We went to silver dollar city to see all the lights and drink hot cocoa and watch the Christmas parade. 
 And spent a lot of the time in our pjs by the fire!

One of the days it warmed up a little and we took a walk to kamp with the coopers/Coles! It was refreshing just to be outside and fun/sad/exciting to see what all is happening at k1. 

Happy new year (to anyone who is still following this forgotten blog) haha 

And 2014, please warm up soon! The high in Des Moines is -1 today! Yikes. 

2 comments:

Shay said...

Welcome back to blog land! Love seeing pics of you and your fam. My inlaws are outside of Des Moines about 45 mins in Lynneville, and it's just a totally different (colder!) world up there! Miss you, Staples!

JustJess said...

Two things: one. I love your turquoise door. Two. Write a new post--I miss you like crazy and it might help me feel like we live a little closer together;).