9.29.2023

crossing the starting line


I’ve been feeling a nudge to write again, but the lies in my head have been winning. There I’d stand, at the starting line. Too scared to cross. Paralyzed by fear. Believing I don’t have anything important to say. I’m not smart enough. Or good enough. Plenty of people are already writing those kinds of things. What if it’s annoying? Or dumb? Or someone thinks I’m stupid?

Last week I flew to California, forcing myself to take a huge step and start the race.

Thru the most amazing people and a beautiful place, God did some big work in my heart, mind and soul. Reminding me who I am and who I write for in the first place. 

@bobgoff @kimberly.stuart.writes @magicstoryteller @megantibbits Thank you for pouring truth into me and letting me cry pretty much the whole time 😂❤️ thank you for your wisdom, authenticity, humor, storytelling and music.

To all my new, amazing friends, thank you for listening around the fire pit, meals, hay ride, cold plunge and in the living room. Just knowing we’re cheering each other on means the world!! 🎉 I’m running along side you!

No comments: