2.18.2010

blessed

Last weekend we traveled to Ft. Worth/Dallas for our first baby shower which was thrown by my sweet Baylor friends and my sister-in-law. It was such a fun weekend and I felt so honored, loved and extremely blessed!

{at almost 32 weeks}
We stayed in Ft. Worth with my grandmother (and my parents who drove down from MO for the shower, too). For those of you who may not know, DFW got a TON of snow on Thursday before we got there (like 8-12") so there were a lot of people without power due to the crazy storm and my dear grandmother was one of them. We were quite chilly the first night as we bundled up by the fire in the candlelight, but it was kinda fun at the same time! {the second night we all chickened out and stayed in a hotel. that was pretty fun too} Here we are all bundled up...

Saturday, after spending the morning hanging out in Dallas, I was so excited to get to the shower and see everyone that afternoon.

Here are all the sweet hostesses:
{Anne Marie, Jordan, Kristen, Whitney, Jenni - Molly was there in spirit}

Yummy, yummy ice cream with any topping you could want!
it was all sooo cute!

with the grandmas - Gigi and Honey!

opening all the fantastic gifts....I just love baby things :) look how cute these little diaper covers are!
It was a fantastic shower! I had such a blast and especially loved just getting to see everyone! It's crazy to think that the next time I see them I'll have a little baby in my arms :) Yay!

So, I've been in a super crafty mood lately! Since the shower was on valentine's day weekend, I sewed these felt hearts together and wrote thank you notes for the hostesses and sewed them to the back. {i have a few more projects going and i'll post more on that as I finish them}


We now have only eight weeks left and I have my next appointment on Monday. Little Reese has been moving and kicking more than ever this week - which I love! She's definitely growing and we just can't wait to meet our little nugget.

Ok, men's skating is back on ... TTFN.

3 comments:

. said...

Elizabeth,
I'm so excited for you and your growing family! I pray that God protects you and little Reese as she develops. Congrats!!

Mrs. Frazier said...

you look so stinking cute Elizabeth!

Rebecca Win said...

you are BEAUTIFUL pregnant!!!!!!!