1.30.2012

happy 2012

Happy New Year!
{better late than never, right!}


Reese and I got back from Baton Rouge on New Years Eve Day just in time for Mark to get off work and meet us at the Snyders to kick off 2012 together. 
love my sweet friend.

So I just read through my New Years Resolutions from last year {here} and felt like I did sorta accomplish them - or at least try to! Most of them I want to continue doing this year and will add a few... here we go.

- cook more 'real' meals {and by real I mean NOT just pulling out frozen chicken and leftover randomness and making a salad haha.}
- Begin teaching Reese how to memorize scripture (while also doing it myself!!) We listen to the cds Seeds of Encouragement and Seeds of Character in the car all the time {all the lyrics to the songs are scripture and they're fun kid songs} she's started trying to sing along and especially likes the one that says "think about such things... think about such things... true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy..." She sings the 'think about such things' part over and over throughout the day and gah lee what an awesome reminder to ME to think about those things all day!! I love it when I find myself singing it in my head too, when I'm doing laundry or cleaning dishes....
- pick up the house before Mark comes home - and by pick up I mean at least make a pathway where he can walk in the front door all the way to the kitchen haha
- maybe possibly have another baby :) or one on the way, Lord willing??!!
- post more videos on here of Reese! I have a billion of them (thanks to my last years resolution!) i just need to post them
- Truly go on one date night a month with my hubby!!!
- Finish reading 'Crazy Love' by March 1 - It's soooo good, I just have such a hard time sitting down to read
- FINISH reading at least one or two parenting books. I've started soooo many. I think the first one I will read is 'Parenting by Grace'
- Do my Beth Moore James bible study while Reese takes a nap every day before anything else!! why is this so hard to do??
- be wise in how we spend money

Jesus, we give you 2012 and pray you would be glorified in all we say and do and through us as a family! I pray you would give us wisdom as we listen and follow you through some pretty big things this year. We trust YOU and know you always provide for our every need and will never leave us or forsake us. Thank you for the promise of your Hope and Peace and that you fill us up with exactly what we need every morning. I pray you would show your mercies on our family this year and that we would draw nearer to you every day of the year. Amen

No comments: