2.11.2012

heart strawberry cookies

I saw these fun cookies on Pinterest and made them last weekend just because I thought they were so cute for Valentine's Day. I might not have worked hard enough on making them heart shaped though because they didn't turn out in great heart shapes but if you don't have a little one running around at your feet you might have more luck making cuter hearts. Regardless, they still tasted really yummy... and they're pink :) I'm making them again today for a big cookie giveaway they're doing at our church. The Crossing will be delivering 1,500 cookies to different outreach organizations around the community for valentines day :) so awesome. I love to bake things for people and pray for them as I bake... I have visions of doing this with my kiddos when they get a little older. praying these sweet pink cookies bless someone this week. maybe you might want to make them and give them away to someone in your community too? just a thought. happy weekend.

MORE RECIPE DETAILS HERE



Strawberry Heart Oreo Cookies
Print

Recipe type: dessert
Author: Mique Provost- 30days blog

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Heart shaped strawberry flavored oreo cookies- perfect for Valentine’s day!
Ingredients
  • 1 package of strawberry cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup of shortening
  • Frosting:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 stick of butter, softened
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 c. powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Mix together. (The dough will be pretty stiff)
  2. Roll into balls.
  3. Place two next to each other.
  4. Pinch the bottom to create a heart.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
  6. Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
  7. Mix frosting ingredients together.
  8. When cookies are cool, frost them and then sandwich them like an Oreo.
  9. This will only make about 12-15 cookies total depending on how big you make them. ( i made them really small and it actually made bunch. I also didn't 'oreo' all of them together and just frosted the tops because they're super rich and huge when they're 'oreod'

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Aww! You are a woman after my own heart! I love this!