3.30.2009

my provider

YOU ALONE CAN SATISFY
My bread of Life
You're my Provider
You fill my soul with living water
Beneath your wing
There is a shelter where I hide
You alone can satisfy

There's no fortune or pleasure
That this world can provide
They have failed and they always will
You alone can satisfy

You're the treasure that I've found
You're the meaning of life
You're my deepest desires fulfilled
You alone can satisfy

We sang this at church on Sunday and it just really spoke to me so I thought I'd share the words. It's a huge reminder to me that God and God alone is my provider and shelter as I face so many changes in the next few months (trying to sell our house, looking for a new house in Amarillo, job searching, leaving our dear Lubbock friends, re-uniting with Amarillo friends, Mark finishing up his second year and taking Step One...). Thank you Jesus for you are my treasure, the meaning of life and YOU alone can satisfy. Continue to teach me how to trust you, your timing and your will.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am healed." Psalm 28:7

2 comments:

Chris said...

This is excellent!

Dad said...

Well said E bet bet. I am so glad we serve an awesome God who holds it all in His hands. He has such awesome plans for you and Mark- a great future and a hope. I am so proud of you as you depend on Him alone.