3.18.2009

Trip #6: Kansas City

I'm sitting in the air port on my way back from Kansas City, very ready to get home. This was another work trip to the AWEA conference to represent the Texas Wind Energy Institute for work. The conference was ok.... once again I just sat at my booth and handed out brochures, pens and mini-hand held fans (what a hit! haha) but the real fun was that I got to spend time with my dear friend from birth, Conner Cooper. (the one mentioned in trip #4 post) I also got to see his cousins, Molly, Abby and Emmy and this morning Amanda Williams met me for coffee at the hotel during one of my breaks. It was so fun to, once again, catch up with friends, shop at Anthro, and eat yummy food paid for by work!

Now, I'm ready to get home and clean up before Eric (my brother) and his girlfriend, Kaitlyn, get there tonight! They're driving down to visit us during their spring break this week. I'm so excited to hang out with them and show them around Lubbock :) We're headed to Palo Duro Canyon on Friday to hike and hang out at Mark's aunt & uncle's cabin in the canyon. Yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric and Elizabeth in Lubbock. Joey and Jeanie in Baton Rouge. Kinda weird. But so glad y'all are having fun!

Mr. Jones and Me said...

Ahhh no more trips! I can't stand it when my girls are gone from work! Makes it suuuupppperr boring!