3.01.2009

Trip #1: Seattle

Last week I traveled to Seattle for work - to represent the Texas Wind Energy Institute. I do the marketing for the wind education program and somehow I got to be the sole rep from TTU to be the exhibitor for the AWEA conference in Seattle. Since I was staying in a big hotel in downtown Seattle, I got to walk around some and see the city during the breaks. I absolutely loved it. Yes, it rained most of the time but I just really loved how natural and outdoorsy everything was! Even the air just smelled cleaner!

I also loved walking the streets (like in NYC) and shopping at every store you could think of (like the flagship Nordstrom which was six floors i think). I also got to meet Jesse (a friend from Baylor) and her husband Bret and their precious daughter, Harper for dinner one night. We ate at a restaurant on the pier which was really fun. I ordered crab legs and it was by far the best crab I've ever eaten!! I hope I get to go back with Mark sometime soon and spend more time in Washington and Oregon! It was awesome!

This was at the Pike Place Market down on the pier. I walked there from my hotel and got to see all the vendors putting out their fresh fruit, veggies, fish, seafood and tons of flowers. It was so pretty. I wish I could go there for groceries every week.








All the vendors were giving away samples and one of the guys talked me into buying this super special kind of plum that is only grown in the shade and is only in season in February and lots of other special things I don't remember.... not sure if any of that was true, but it was most definitely an amazing tasting plum!







Freshest fish/seafood I've ever seen!!!

















Have you ever seen a lobster tail like that? and check out the shrimp on the far right..... amazing!












This is the original, first, flagship, number one Starbucks store in the country. It's the cutest little hole in the wall coffee shop! Of course, I had to buy a souvenir coffee mug that says First Starbucks on it.









I also went up to the top of the Space Needle over looking all of Seattle. It was beautiful! I loved all the boats in this harbor - there were lots of boats going around Puget's Sound and there was a huge Ferry which I would have loved to have been on!




















It was super windy out on the top of the Needle! Even more windy than Lubbock, if that's possible! :)



.........sorry about the spacing. not sure how to fix it..........

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Feb. 2010 reunion in Seattle?!?

Unknown said...

Pike Place Market! THAT'S what it's called. :) I wish I could've gone with you...I love that place.

Mrs. Frazier said...

soooo fun.... really pretty pics!