3.29.2012

memories...

we have had such a fun sunshiny week



two things i don't want to forget that happened last week...


1) Sunday after Reeser woke up from her nap (before I even got her out of her crib) she was saying, "reese read Bible mommy? little bible mommy? reese read it" - and that in itself was enough to melt my heart! So I got her up and let her have her little Bible to read. After a few minutes she set her Bible down, opened it up and starting "reading" it, mumbling in her own little world. I watched from around the corner and heard her start saying "Jesus Heals" and nodding to the Bible. she repeated it over and over. oh my word. soooo sweet. I know that's what they've been learning in Sunday School and during Tuesday morning bible study bc I saw it on the newsletter. They talk about the letter H and how it stands for Jesus Heals. Wow. Her little ears are listening!! I am just so thankful that a) she has started enjoying playing in the nursery at church instead of just crying the whole time and b) that she is learning about Jesus from all the sweet, wonderful, servant-hearted workers in there. Thank you, nursery workers in the walkers class! You are helping us build such a valuable foundation in our little daughters life. I pray so often that we will find another great church in Des Moines where I know our whole family is being poured into and challenged.


2) Reese's new phrase that she says 24-7 is "come on mommy. lets go." when she wants to do anything. play outside. get the bubbles. play with chalk. color. get juice. change clothes. get in the car. put on her shoes. all the time. all day. she says "come on mommy. lets go" usually its followed by a big jump and some excitement. :) the other day after dinner I was still sitting at the table and reese was in the living room probably playing with her thomas the train puzzle and saying "creeky cranky" over and over (ha) and she wanted me to join and was saying "come on mommy. lets go" over and over. finally she came over to me. put her hand on my back and started pushing and saying it. trying to get me out of the chair. the she just really wanted to get her point across and looked at me and said pretty sternly... "mommy! littabet! lets go" i really had to think for a second about what littabet meant.... and then it hit me. littabet=elizabeth. haha kara has been trying to teach sam to say Elizabeth and I guess thats where Reese has picked it up and linked that it was my name. hilarious. Of course Mark and I both laughed, so since then she keeps saying it sometimes during the day to get a good laugh :) love that little peanut!

.......

froyo date the other day... cotton candy flavor was the big hit. and yes, she HAD to bring her thomas the train puzzle in the store with us.

3 comments:

JustJess said...

Eric sent me a still of Reese with her Bible and I just about teared up. It is the sweetest thing! The Lord loves her and is forming such a neat relationship already. So glad I get to be around to watch a little of it!

Miss you guys! Excited to see you soon.

Unknown said...

That is too funny that she is saying your name!!! She is so smart!!!

kristen said...

that is so funny!! she is so smart!! and the Bible reading is just too sweet! and she remembers SO much! that is amazing. I hope you guys find a great church in des moines too! that bible is just so sweet!