7.11.2009

my happy place


We spent the week of July 4th in Perdido Key, Florida with my family hanging out at the beach - my favorite place in the whole world. It was the most wonderful week ever! The weather was perfect and the water was crystal clear most of the time. We had a blast laying out, laughing, working on puzzles, playing in the waves on the sand bar in the ocean, eating awesome food, shopping and just being together. I am so thankful for such an incredible family and for the time we get to spend together!

Kaitlyn (my brother's girlfriend) and my cousins Anna and Aimee:

all the cousins:
We all drove from Perdido Key to the Hallums (my cousins') house in Baton Rouge on the 4th and my aunt and uncle hosted a big shrimp boil! It was amazing!
They surprised Mark and I with a cake to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary! So sweet!
It was a great getaway.... especially since the day we got back Mark started his third year of med school in Amarillo and it has been a whirlwind ever since. I feel like I have hardly seen him all week :( He is enjoying it but he has to work 12 hour days at the hospital and is just exhausted. I've heard this week was the worst though... so we'll see. I hope it gets better! I miss my hubby but couldn't be more proud of him.

No comments: