1.30.2010

Reese Elizabeth

After almost seven months of praying, talking, thinking and researching about what to name our sweet little girl we have decided on a name....

RESSE ELIZABETH MASON

It makes me smile just to type it out. I absolutely love it and feel like it already fits her perfectly.

Reese means "a name with strong character, ardent, energetic, fiery" {and i can already tell she's quite a busy body!}
Elizabeth means "consecrated to God."

So our prayer over her life is that she will truly live up to her name. That she will be ardent {passionate, having strong enthusiasm or devotion, fervent} in her love for the Lord and that she would use her passion to bring Him glory.

I just can't wait to meet her. I'm now 29 weeks along - made it to the third trimester! Reese should be about 2.5 lbs and even her lungs are fully developed - they just need to grow now. This week her brain is developing wrinkles and she's learning how to blink as well as growing her first hairs on her head {i can't wait to find out if they're red!} I'm going to the doctor every two weeks already and these checkups sure have been boring. ha. I know that's a good thing and I am so thankful that up to now everything has gone so smoothly. What a blessing. I pray it continues along like this all the way until I hear her perfect cry in April!

I've been weird about posting belly pictures... but here are a couple that Mark took of me the other day.


We love you more than you know, sweet baby Reese!

7 comments:

Denae said...

You know I love it! So fun!! I can't wait to meet her.

And I haven't even been taking belly pictures this time around...I should probably do that sometime since I did it weekly with Will. :)

Chase and Taryn Cawyer said...

I was just thinking of you about a hour ago and I thought "Wonder if they have decided on a name yet?"

I love Reese- I remember you saying you loved that name and I'm so excited to finally meet the little face that will go with it! So excited for you both:)

Unknown said...

That is such a great name! I love it!!! It seems so real now that she has a name! I hope I see you soon!

Unknown said...

LOVE the name. It's beautiful! And you are just going to be the most wonderful mother. I'm going to have to take notes from you. :)

Rebecca Win said...

beau.ti.ful.

monique said...

what a perfect name! i love it!

Katie (From Passys to Parties) said...

YOU are soooo beautiful!!! And so is baby REESE!! I am just so happy for you and Mark and can't wait to meet this precious baby girl!