4.14.2010

happy birthday hubby

My sweet hubs turned 26 yesterday! I know all he really wanted for his birthday was his little girl to be born... but I think she wanted to let him have his own special day so she's still waiting to come into the world. I tried my best to make his day extra special anyway and made him his favorite blueberry buckle (thanks britt) for breakfast then we had a cookout for dinner and I made his aunt's famous angel food cake for him too. My mom is here and was a HUGE help in getting the cook out together!! (thanks mom) Mark's family came over to eat and we had desert and Mark opened his presents... It was a good day and I hope he felt as special and loved as he is!

I love him with all my heart and couldn't ask for a more incredible husband. He has been my rock through the past nine months as I have had so many break downs and questions he has always been the one to remind me that the Lord is in control. I'm so excited to see him as a dad... I know he's going to be the best and that little Reese will love him more than anything! I can't wait to go through this new stage of life with him as we figure out how to be parents together.

I LOVE YOU MARK!
In other news... today is my due date and it has now come and gone with no baby. It's a little weird since we have been focusing on April 14th for the past nine months (and I must say this is not how I pictured it going) but we are completely at peace and know our sweet little girl will come in God's perfect timing! We can't wait and are praying with all our might that she comes on her own! but if she doesn't, I'll be induced on Monday. So at least we have an end in sight and know that for sure by this time next week we'll have her in our arms. Went to the Dr. yesterday and he said everything was looking great.... so we're just waiting it out! Thanks for all your prayers - we truly do feel them!

2 comments:

Rebecca Win said...

this made me a little teary... :)
how sweet, elizabeth.
praying for yall!!

Lauren said...

So sweet! I'm glad Mark had a great b-day! Girl, I know how it feels to have your due date come and go! It happened to us and it's the weirdest feeling to arrive at "the day" and for nothing to happen! I was induced as well, the good thing about that is you can pretty much control everything...when your labor starts, when you want your epidural (I chose to feel NO pain and got mine even before they broke my water!) :) I just chilled out all day and watched the Food Network in my hospital room while waiting on Parker! We'll be praying for you!!