2.12.2011

Valentines

Yesterday was "valentines day party day" at school and it was totally taking me back. It's so adorable how these kiddos get so into their valentines boxes/bags that they've been decorating all week! They've picked out individual valentines for each kid in their class {most come with a tattoo or candy or silly band these days}. Most kids are wearing red or pink and they're all squealing with excitement about the party that their teachers have strategically planned for 2:15 so the craziness can only last for 45 minutes max! Ha. It's hilarious. I love sneaking into their classrooms during the parties and just watching the awesomeness of these precious kids who think no one is watching while they shovel cookies and cupcakes into their mouths.

So here's to valentines day! Xoxo





On another note, my house has been decorated with these DIY felt heart decorations for over a month now. I just love it!











On this last string of hearts I wrote random questions on each one. This is my favorite "game" to play! I love to ask random questions to mark (or whoever!) it's so fun to talk about things you'd never really ask otherwise. Here's a list of fun things to talk about on your valentines date :) {or on a walk, or driving in the car, etc}. We play this all the time!!!! I'm sure Reese will hate me for it but I sure don't care!

{This is from Gary Smalley and Ted Cunningham (they're both from branson!!) I saw it in my Parenting magazine! So Awesome!!!}

Take this with you on your valentines date with your hubby! You'll love finding out his answers - and it will give you something to talk about besides your babies.

Over appetizers...
1. Name three countries you’d like to visit.
2. Which celebrity annoys you most?
3. How would you spend $10,000,000?
4. If you could try out any occupation for a year, what would it be?
5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how cool are you?

Over the main course...
1. If you could rewind to any point in your past, what would you want to relive?
2. If you could take lessons to become an expert at anything, what would it be?
3. How would you spend a perfect day alone?
4. What would you want us to do together for the next ten years if you knew they were your last?
5. What’s the most honest thing you have ever done?
6. How would you like people to describe you at your funeral?

Over dessert & coffee...
1. Hollywood called. They want to make a movie about your life. Who would play you?
2. Name something you love that no one else seems to like. (Or name something that everyone seems to love except for you.)
3. What’s the one item you own that you know you should get rid of but never will?
4. Name one thing you miss about our dating days.
5. Last one. Make it good! What’s something positive about me that you don’t say often enough?

2 comments:

Bess Combs said...

Oh I saw those questions in the parenting mag too. I have been asking Craig them randomly. That way it doesn't sound like I am reading them off something but instead I sound as if I came up with them all on my own lol!

Bess Combs said...

!