10.23.2012

center grove orchard

Last weekend, (the day of Reeser's big allergic reaction), my parents came to visit for the weekend! {and actually this should be miracle #4 because they just happened to be coming to visit that exact weekend and Jesus knew I needed them!} They hadn't been here since they came to help us move in so (I hope) our house seemed a little more homey and things were a little more relaxing. Of course my dad found a project or two to help with around the house.... he just can't sit still. I love him for that! and my mom pampered me one afternoon and we got mani/pedis :) what a treat!! The low point was that we only have super basic cable so we couldn't watch baylor or lsu play on Saturday but we were having too much fun to sit and watch football anyway. 

Friday while Mark was at work we drove out to this place called Center Grove Orchard that a lot of people had told me about and it was awesome!!! Pumpkins, apples, hayrides, petting zoo, corn pool?, huge slides, tractors, and a whole lot more we didn't even see. It was so fun! 
this corn "pool" was the coolest thing ever! i've never seen anything like this. R thought it was just the best thing ever. talk about a fight to get her out of there!


the three little pigs houses were there too :)

this thing was kind of like the blob but it was filled with air so it was kinda more like a trampoline i think. Reese just wanted to slide down it though :) ha.
it was sooooo worth the drive out there! we even came home with some delicious apple spice donuts and apple butter that I'm finding tastes good on EVERYTHING :) 

So, my mom is a gymnast (or was, I guess :) I mean she was an alternate for the olympic team and is now in the sports hall of fame at lsu and everything!!!!) and she still coaches little kiddos classes like mommy-and-me at her gym so she and reese were thrilled that she was here to take reeser to her make up gymnastics class at chows. It was so fun and I think Reese had fun showing off all her cool tricks too.


The rest of the weekend was filled with lots of "gigi, pajoe play with me. no mommy. you stay over there" :) I didn't mind that one bit! ha. I think gigi was probably pretty exhausted on the way home though! We had fun just playing in our house, playing outside, riding our bikes, eating at new restaurants (one we loved and one we might not go back to), driving around Des Moines and looking at the pretty trees and old houses.... So fun! Thanks mom and dad for making the trip up here! We LOVED it and we love you!

No comments: